20 November 2014

"EYE CANDY"

I think that's the phrase Father Zed Archiblogopoios uses for the sort of items I'm going to mention ....

Firstly: as well as some more superb pictures of the waterfront at Margate, Fr Tim has given us another picture of his immensely photogenic Lady Chapel. He really has fallen on his feet, lucky man!! (And he's a bit of a tease: the photograph is so angled that one cannot be sure whether there are three altar cards or only one ...)

And, a close second, there is the Gloria TV* (last summer, I met some of the splendid young people involved in Gloria) video of il Cardinale volante, il vice Papa (see my post of November 8) celebrating Pontifical High Mass in Vienna. Fantastic! Twenty minutes before you even get to the Iudica me Deus!!! I'm almost sure I spotted, in the congregation, the Professor Thomas Stark whom I also met in Italy last summer, and Fr Markus Doppelbauer, priest of the Diocese of Vaduz, a considerable ironist.

God appears to be in his heaven, and all to be right with the world! Trebles all round, as they say in Private Eye!


* And it's on Rorate.

1 comment:

Zephyrinus said...

Reference Margate, Fr, whilst agreeing that Fr Finigan is Blessed with an immensely photogenic Lady Chapel, I thought it was THE CLOISTERS that he photographed ?

I could be wrong.

And, as for "Trebles", what have Campanological items got to do with Private Eye ?

Delighted that God appears to be in His Heaven. Long may it continue so to be.

in Domino