24 January 2018

APPEAL FOR HELP

For reasons with the details of which I will not trouble readers, I need to secure texts, or photocopies,  of the pre-Conciliar Diocesan Officia Propria and Missae Propriae for the Diocese of Plymouth. I need, in other words, both the Breviary and the Missal supplements. They were customarily bound into Breviaries and Missals, at the back of each volume. The Title sheets at the beginning of the supplements would probably read

OFFICIA PROPRIA DIOECESIS PLYMUTENSIS (Breviaries)
MISSAE PROPRIAE DIOECESIS PLYMUTENSIS (Missals)   (or PLYMUTHENSIS!)

I can assure readers that my reasons are very good! I know this is a Tall Order, but it is in a good cause!

PS: What I really need most urgently are the Mattins readings for
Beatus Ioannes Cornelius et socii eius (4 Iulii); and 
Sanctus Cuthbertus Mayne (29 Novem.) 

3 comments:

John F H H said...

Google tells us that the title for the office was
Proprium Breviarii Romani Diœcesis Plymutensis
(published 1918, 46 pages)

Thomas Beyer said...

There appears to be one at the British Library....

mark said...

Have you contacted the Diocesan archivist

Sr. Benignus FDLC
Cardinal Newman House
Wonford Road
Exeter
EX2 4PF

01392 279754

diocesanarchives@prcdtr.org.uk